Beneath the casual and entertaining exterior of The Foundation for the Undefeated’s activities lives a passionate and dedicated focus on charitable giving. The organization has donated more than $1 million to support the work of charitable partners since 1976.
The Undefeated is proud to support Special Olympics Southern California as the 2015 charitable recipient.
Special Olympics Southern California (SOSC) is a nonprofit organization that empowers individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society through sports training and competition. It is one of the 52 Chapters within the United States and part of Special Olympics, Inc., which serves three million athletes in 180 countries worldwide.
SOSC’s mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
SOSC has been changing lives through the power of sport for more than 40 years. The organization offers opportunities for more than 13,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities to participate in training and competition through 12 sports year-round. More than 15,000 volunteers enable SOSC to carry out all their programs.
Learn more about SOSC:
In previous years, the organization has supported many other deserving charities including:
- American Cancer Society – Visit Website
- American Red Cross, Orange County Chapter – Visit Website
- Big Brothers of America – Visit Website
- Disabled Sports USA, Orange County Chapter – Visit Website
- C.A.S.A. – Visit Website
- CHOC – Visit Website
- Goodwill of Orange County – Visit Website
- Habitat for Humanity, Orange County Chapter – Visit Website
- Olive Crest – Visit Website
- Orangewood Children’s Foundation – Visit Website
- National Football League Alumni – Visit Website
- National Football League Player Care Foundation – Visit Website
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Visit Website
- Share Our Selves – Visit Website
- Serving People In Need – Visit Website
- Wheels 2 Water – Visit Website
- YMCA of Orange – Visit Website